Leaving Houston

June 14, 2007 -- Today was the official first day of my newest adventure... a two-month road trip around the western US. The itinerary is floating, but overall I plan to visit Fort Worth, Albuquerque, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, Vancouver, Denver, and all the national parks and other natural wonders in between.

My general itinerary is Abq to Las Vegas: June 23-28, Vegas and LA: June 29-July 7, San Fran, Yosemite, Highway 1, Portland and Seattle: July 8-20, fly to Chicago and Mattoon, IL: July 20-29, Seattle, Vancouver, Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Colorado and home July 29-August 19. Anyone who would like to join me is more than welcome... just let me know when and where!

My road trip started out spectacularly, too... I managed to be leaving Houston at 6, right in the middle of rush hour traffic heading north on 45, and also right as a massive thunderstorm hit the downtown area. This picture is actually one of the clearer moments (during the not clear moments, my hands were glued to the steering wheel with very white knuckles!). It turned out for the better though, since most of the smarter drivers got the hell off the highway, so by the time I reached the Beltway, rush hour traffic was completely gone!

Next stop - Fort Worth for Scotti and Bobby's wedding.

No comments: