Bye to dad--back to civilization!

June 29, 2007--After 7 days on the road with me, my dad finally had to head out, flying from Las Vegas up to Mattoon, IL for his mother's birthday party. I was sadly not able to join them for the party due to certain conflicts well documented here, but plan to make a separate visit later this month instead. I put my dad on the plane and headed to the library to start blogging (which turned out to take a little longer than I intended, hence why I am still catching up from a week ago; sorry!).

That night I got to catch up with WillMill, my Vegas buddy from Rice. He was having a little "shindig," so I got to show off my flip cup skills and complete lack of beirut ability before realizing large quantities of beer were probably not a good idea on my still-recovering stomach. It was definitely worth it, though, regardless of what I was thinking the next morning when I had to get up at 7:30 to go pick up Ben!


No comments: