Chillin by the Bay

July 11th, 2007--Not a very eventful day. I checked out of my hostel, retrieved my car and drove across to Berkeley for a doctor's appointment (yay!). Part of the application for an Australian visa requires a chest x-ray--apparently they are afraid of tuberculosis. I spent from about 8:30-noon falling asleep in two different doctors offices, leaving me little interest in sightseeing the rest of the day. Instead I drove down to Santa Clara where Noelle happened to be in town for work and crashed with her in her hotel. We did a bit of shopping, where I finally replaced the brown flip flops I had been wearing broken for two years since buying them in Australia (those of you who know them should be very proud!!). Then sushi dinner and wine and chocolate back in the hotel room--a perfect girls' night.

No comments: