My parents throw a party...

August 25, 2007—Two days before I left for Oz, my parents threw a multi-celebration party at the house (which covered, according to them, my graduation over a year earlier, their anniversary in June, my sister’s acceptance into business school and her birthday, and my departure… they obviously don’t throw parties very often). Here’s my mom and sister preparing in the kitchen

This was just a part of the spread… there was also a salad bar and other snacks in the kitchen and outside on the patio.

My parents’ friends (Kim and I were responsible for the lovely mood lighting)

My friends (the stars aligned and there were randomly quite a few in town that weekend. I like to think it was all for me ;-)

My mom is very excitable

Snurf, my sister’s dog, was the belle of the ball.

My sister... I think she must be dancing

Me and my mom J

My mom is a little crazy… she made her own ice cream sandwiches, with three different combinations of ice cream and cookie type. They were very good, but as Doug put it, “Making your own ice cream sandwiches is like making your own…. Easy Cheese.”

My dad took the opportunity to pull out his bird book and talk birding with Kim’s parents. He’s the life of the party.

This one’s my doggie

More of my friends… and yes, that’s Kim being odd as usual.

No comments: